Yield: 6 Servings
1. Pick over and flake crabmeat.
2. Beat egg whites, with salt, until frothy and stiff, but not dry.
3. Blend cornstarch and milk and fold into egg whites. Then fold in crabmeat.
4. Heat oil to smoking. Add egg mixture and cook quickly, stirring, over medium-high heat until thick and fluffy. Serve at once.
NOTE: The Cantonese call this dish Fried Milk. VARIATIONS: 1. In step 1, combine the crabmeat with 1 tablespoon sherry and 1 teaspoon ginger juice.
2. In step 3, fold in with the crabmeat 1 tablespoon smoked ham, minced.
3. At the end of step 4, serve the souffle in a nest of deep-fried rice-flour noodles.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .