Yield: 4 Servings
|½ cup||Dried cherries|
|1½ cup||Dried bread crumbs|
|½||Cu Dutch processed cocoa powder|
|¼ cup||Ground almonds|
|1½ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground cloves|
|1 cup||Butter or margarine; at room temperature|
|½ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1½ cup||Solid pack canned pumpkin|
|Grand Marnier Sauce; for serving|
|12||White Chocolate Leaves; for garnish|
1. One day before you make the pudding, place the dried cherries in an airtight container and cover with amaretto.
2. Grease four 1-cup ovenproof pudding dishes or custard cups. Cut four squares of aluminum foil or parchment paper large enough to cover the tops of the pudding dishes.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, cocoa powder, almonds, spices, and salt.
4. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin and eggs and beat until the mixture is smooth. Beat in the dry ingredients.
5. Drain the cherries, reserving the amaretto for another use. Immediately fold cherries into the pumpkin mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pudding dishes and cover tightly with the foil or paper. (If parchment paper is used, secure it in place with a sting.) 6. Place in a steamer or pot with enough water to cover the bottom by 2 inches and cover. Steam over medium-low heat for 3 hours. Cool completely on wire racks without removing the foil covers. Chill 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
7. Meanwhile, make the Grand Marnier sauce and the white chocolate leaves.
8. To assemble, invert the chilled puddings onto small serving plates.
Spoon the sauce over the top and garnish each pudding with three chocolate leaves. Serve with additional Grand Marnier sauce on the side and a glass of amaretto, if desired.
Baking Notes: Fresh or canned cherries will not work in this recipe. The sauce can be prepared with amaretto in place of the Grand Marnier.
Makes 4 servings. Chill Time: 30 minutes Steaming time: 3 hours Per serving: 627 Calories; 52g Fat (76% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 213mg Cholesterol; 525mg Sodium Recipe by: 1001 Chocolate Treats, Gregg Gillespie, ISBN-1-884822-86-X From The Chocolate Archives, Dec 1997,