Yield: 10 servings
|1 cup||Graham cracker crumbs|
|¼ cup||Melted butter or margarine|
|12 ounces||Cream cheese, at room temp.|
|¾ teaspoon||Grated lemon peel|
|¾ teaspoon||Grated orange peel|
|3||Eggs, at room temperature|
|1 cup||Canned pumpkin|
|½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|4 ounces||Can shelled pecan halves|
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar in a heat-resistant, non-metallic, 8½-inch round cake pan. Press cracker crumb
mixture onto bottom and sides of pan. Heat uncovered, in Microwave Oven 2 minutes. Allow to stand and cool.
2. Cream cream cheese until smooth in a large, heat-resistant, non-metallic bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Heat, un- covered, in Microwave Oven 4 minutes, stirring every minute.
4. Pour into crust and heat an additional 6 minutes or until custard is puffed around edges and still slightly soft in center.
5. Chill at least 5 hours before serving. Arrange pecan halves on top of pie