Yield: 5 Servings
|1 cup||Roasted unsalted cashew nuts; in pieces or coarsely chopped|
|1 \N||Onion; (medium) minced|
|1 cup||Converted long-grain rice|
|2 cups||Chicken stock|
|⅛ teaspoon||White pepper|
|⅛ teaspoon||Ground mace|
|½ teaspoon||Orange rind; grated|
1. In a medium saucepan saute the cashews in 1 Tb. of the butter over moderate heat, stirring, until the nuts are just beginning to brown. Remove the nuts from the pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan saute' the onion in the remaining 1 Tb. butter until it wilts and is just beginning to turn golden.
3. Add the rice to the onion and saute, stirring, a few minutes.
4. Add the stock, pepper, mace, and orange rind to the rice, mix well, then bring to the simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand covered for a few minutes.
5. Fluff up with a fork and stir the reserved cashews into the pilaf.
Typos by Brenda Adams <adamsfmle@...> posted mc-recipe 11/10/96 Recipe By : Elizabeth Rozin, Blue Corn and Chocolate Cookbook Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #293 Date: Sun, 10 Nov 1996 23:45:13 -0800 From: Brenda Adams <adamsfmle@...>