Yield: 4 Servings
|1 small||Pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese|
|½ can||Grated Parmesan cheese; (6 oz.)|
|1||Grated lemon rind|
|1 large||Stewing hen|
|1 large||Can whole tomatoes|
1. Cook hamburger in its own juice until redness is gone and nearly dry.
Sprinkle with salt and remove from heat. Break cream cheese into small pieces and add to hamburger. Mix together. In a separate bowl combine Parmesan cheese, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon rind. Mix well. Then add to hamburger mixture. Form into a ball and chill. Can be made the day before.
2. Add broth ingredients to a large kettle of water (6-8 quarts). Cook until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and strain broth.
3. Pasta: Work together pasta ingredients. Divide into half. Cover unused portion. Roll dough out into large circle. Add flour as needed. Cut dough into 2 inch squares.
4. Caps: Place filling on dough, fold diagonally. Bring corners together to form a little hat. Press edges together to seal. Repeat for second ½ of dough.
5. Cook caps in broth for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by: Key Gourmet
Posted to recipelu-digest by James and Susan Kirkland <kirkland@...> on Feb 22, 1998