Yield: 8 Ribs
|8||Short ribs of beef|
|1 cup||Reserved pan drippings|
|1 can||Beef broth or stock|
Preliminary: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Rub salt, pepper and garlic salt into ribs. Place ribs in pan with a half-inch of water. Bake for 1 hour, then cover completely with water.
2. Cover with foil and bake for 2-½ hours.
3. Remove ribs from pan and place on serving platter to drain.
4. To make gravy, combine 1 cup pan drippings from baking pan and can of beef stock in a saucepan. Heat on medium heat to boiling.
5. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch, ½ cup water and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Mix well.
6. Add cornstarch mixture gradually to beef stock and gently boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly as it thickens.
Presentation: To serve, pour gravy over ribs.
Contributor: Plantation Restaurant, Anaheim, CA