Yield: 1 Servings
|\N \N||---for 1 1/2 pound loaf---|
|2 larges||Egg yolks|
|¼ pounds||Butter or margarine|
|2½ cup||All-purpose flour|
|1 pack||Active dry yeast|
|2 tablespoons||Grated orange peel|
|1 tablespoon||Grated lemon peel|
|¼ cup||Golden raisins|
|¼ cup||Sliced almonds|
1. Add ingredients to bread machine pan according to manufacturer's directions.
2. Select sweet or dough cycle. 2. When fruit and nut signal sounds (or 5 minutes before end of last kneading), add golden raisins and sliced almonds.
3. At the end of the cycle, scrape the dough onto a board lightly coated with all-purpose flour. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll each piece to form a rope about 12 inches long. Lay ropes parallel about 1 inch apart on a buttered 14 x 17 inch baking sheet. Pinch ropes together at one end, braid loosely, then pinch braid end together.
4. Cover loaf lightly with plastic wrap and let stand in a warm place until puffy, about 35 minutes. Remove plastic wrap.
5. Beat 1 large egg yolk to blend with 1 tablespoon water. Brush braid with egg mixture.
6. Bake braid in a 350 F oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool on a rack at least 15 minutes before slicing. Serve hot, warm, or cool.
NOTES : Sunset Magazine, March 1998 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by "Chateau Stripmine" <chateaustripmin@...> on Feb 15, 1998