Yield: 1 Servings
|4 cups||Flour; Sifted|
|1 teaspoon||Baking Powder|
|6 \N||Whole Eggs|
|4 cups||Pecans; Coarsely Chopped|
|1 pounds||Seeded Light Raisins|
|½ cup||Candied Cherries; Green & Red Sliced|
1. Sift flour and baking powder and nutmeg together.
2. Cream butter, add sugar and cream until fluffy.
3. beat in eggs, one at a time. 4. Add dry ingredients alternately with bourbon.
5. Stir in nuts, raisins and cherries.
6. Turn mixture into well greased 10" tube pan.
7. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours or until straw inserted in cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 20 minutes.
9. Take out of pan and cool on rack. If you wish, sprinkle more bourbon on cake when it has cooled.
10. Wrap in foil or put in container.
11. Occasionally, sprinkle with more bourbon if you wish. Keeps well.
12. Before serving, sift powdered sugar over surface.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 196 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997