Yield: 4 servings
|1 pounds||New potatoes|
|½ cup||Corn or mustard oil|
|2 \N||Fresh green chilies chopped (opt)|
|½ tablespoon||Garam masala|
|2 \N||Bay leaves, ground|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh coriander or parsley (opt)|
|\N \N||Salt to taste|
1. Parboil the potatoes until about ¾ done.
2. Mix the spice blend and the yogurt.
3. Prick the potatoes with a fork and dip them into the spice/yogurt mix.
4. Heat the oil to medium, then carefully place the coated potatoes into the pan. Cover and cook until tender; about 5 to 10 minutes. Add the optional green chilies at this point.
5. Stir very carefully; add water little by little.
6. Mix the optional fresh coriander or parsley into any remaining yogurt. Then add with the sugar to the tender potatoes. Add salt to taste. Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking for 5 minutes more.
Source: The Curry Club Blended Spice Mix Submitted By DIANE LAZARUS On 02-05-95