Yield: 6 servings
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|2 larges||Cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup||Sliced onion|
|1 cup||Peeled, sliced celery|
|1 cup||Sliced carrots|
|1 teaspoon||Chili powder|
|¼ cup||Canned diced green chiles|
|1 pounds||Dried beans (black, navy,|
|\N \N||Pinto, haricot, etc)|
|¼ \N||Onion, roughly sliced|
|\N \N||1 Fat 263 Calories|
|2 cups||Sliced mushrooms|
|2 cups||Cooked basic black beans|
|\N \N||(see following recipe)|
|½ cup||Reserve bean stock|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped cilantro|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper to taste|
|3 cups||Cooked brown rice|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons||Salt or to taste|
1. In large deep saucepan heat olive oil, and saute garlic, onion, celery, carrots and chili powder, until onion is translucent.
2. Add chiles and mushrooms and saute 5 minues more.
3. Stir in beans, bean stock and cilantro. Season to taste.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve over rice.
DIRECTIONS FOR BASIC BEANS:
1. Prepare beans for cooking as described in How Cook Beans. (see next post)
2. Cook covered, with onion and lemon juice, until tender. Do not stir during cooking.
3. Add salt to taste
4. Set aside until next day. They should be somewhat soupy.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 1 Bread 1 Meat 1 Vegetable SOURCE: Richard Simmons Deal-A-Meal Golden Edition Cookbook Enjoy!