Yield: 4 Servings
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|2||teaspoons soy sauce.|
1. Skin and bone chicken; then slice thin.
2. Mince ginger root and scallion, then combine with cornstarch, sherry, water and salt. Add to chicken and toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile slice vegetables.
4. Heat oil. Add chicken and stir-fry until it begins to brown (2-3 minutes). Remove from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil; add vegetables and stir-fry to coat with oil (1-2 minutes). Sprinkle with soy sauce and sugar.
6. Stir in stock, and heat quickly. Then simmer, covered, until vegetables are nearly done. Return chicken; stir in to reheat and blend flavors (about ½ minute). Serve at once. NOTE: Any vegetable can be used (see "Cooking Instructions for Vegetables" for details on cooking time). For suggested combinations, see "Stir-Fried Chicken Vegetable Combos". VARIATIONS: 1. Dice the chicken and vegetables or cut in strips.
2. For the ingredients in step 2, substitute either of the following mixtures:
a. 1 tablespoon each of cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry b. 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 dash of pepper and 1 garlic clove, minced 3. In step 6, add with the stock ½ teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon salt and SEE "STIR-FRIED CHICKEN
VEGETABLE COMBOS" FOR SUGGESTED VEGETABLE COMBINATIONS
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .