Yield: 4 Servings
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Skin and bone chicken; then slice thin. Slice vegetables. Crush garlic.
Mince ginger root.
2. Combine sherry, soy sauce, salt and sugar.
3. Heat oil. Add garlic and ginger root; stir-fry a few times. Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
4. Add sherry mixture; stir in 1 minute more to blend. Remove chicken from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil. Add vegetables; stir-fry to coat with oil (1-2 minutes).
6. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then return chicken and cook, covered, over medium heat, until done (2-3 minutes).
7. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste, then stir in to thicken. Serve at once.
NOTE: See Note in "Basic Stir-Fried Chicken #1". VARIATION: Omit steps 2 and 4, and remove the chicken from the pan at the end of step 3. Then, in step 6, before returning the chicken, add to the stock a mixture of 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon sherry, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon sugar, a dash of pepper and 1 scallion stalk, minced.
SEE "STIR-FRIED CHICKEN
VEGETABLE COMBOS" FOR SUGGESTED VEGETABLE COMBINATIONS
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .