Yield: 1 Servings
|½ pounds||Unbleached all-purpose flour|
|2||Tbls granulated sugar|
|1||Extra large egg|
|½ cup||Vegetable oil|
|1||Tbls baking powder|
1. Grease twelve 6 cm muffin cups. Heat oven to 200 =F8C .
2. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a medium-sized bowl.
Stir to mix well.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg with a fork. Add milk and oil. Add all at once to dry ingredients.
4. Stir mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Drop batter from a tablespoon into prepared muffins pans, filling each cup ½ - ⅔ full.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and serve hot with butter, jam or marmalade. .SH "VARIATIONS" GINGER MUFFINS .RS Add ½ cup finely diced candied ginger to flour mixture before adding liquid.
.RE .PP BANANA PECAN MUFFINS .RS Prepare muffin batter but use only 110 ml milk. Add 60 g chopped pecans and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg to sifted flour.
Add 1 cup mashed, peeled banana with the egg, milk and oil. .RE .PP BLUEBERRY MUFFINS .RS Toss 1 cup washed and well-drained fresh or frozen blueberries with sifted flour mixture before adding liquid. .RE .PP ORANGE MUFFINS .RS Cut 2 peeled navel oranges into sections. When batter is in the cups, place an orange section on top of each and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar. .RE .PP CHEESE MUFFINS .RS Fold 50 g grated sharp yellow cheese into muffin mix with the last few strokes on batter. Serve hot with scrambled eggs and bacon for a special breakfast. .RE .PP SURPRISE MUFFINS .RS Fill muffin cups ⅓ full of batter. Drop ½ tsp of your favorite jelly in center of batter. Add batter to fill cup ⅔ full. Kids just love these as you will. .RE .PP COCONUT MUFFINS .RS Add 1 cup shredded coconut with the last few strokes of mixing. For a snack have coconut muffins, butter and milk. .RE .PP CHIVE MUFFINS .RS Fold ¼ cup chives into the batter during the last few strokes and serve at dinner. Great with a steak and salad. .RE
Difficulty : easy. Precision : measure ingredients.
Recipe By : Carole A. Resnick ak399@...
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #221 Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 11:58:11 -0400 From: kmeade@... (The Meades)