Yield: 10 Servings
|1 pounds||Large shrimp|
|5 slices||Bacon; in strips|
|½ pounds||Chicken livers|
|½ \N||Clove garlic|
|2 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|½ cup||Soy sauce|
|\N \N||White bread|
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp, leaving the tail segments intact.
Cut each bacon strip crosswise in 4 sections. Slice chicken livers thin and cut in similar-size sections.
2. Place a piece of chicken liver, then bacon, on the flattened surface of each shrimp. Arrange in a shallow dish.
3. Mince garlic and ginger root; then blend with sugar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over shrimp and let stand 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Thread shrimp (with liver and bacon sections) on skewers. Either broil in the oven or barbecue over charcoal, turning once or twice until shrimp turn pink (about 5 minutes).
5. Serve hot, accompanied by thin slices of white bread, trimmed of their crusts.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .