Yield: 24 Servings
|17 ounces||Wheel of Brie; chilled|
|1||Sheet frozen puff pastry; thawed|
|3 larges||Onions; sliced|
|1 teaspoon||Dried thyme|
|2||Cloves garlic; minced|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
From: Betsy Burtis <BuddoB@...> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 06:14:53 -0400 Recipe By: Betsy Burtis
1. Prepare caramelized onions: Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions, saute until just tender. Add thyme, reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are golden, stirring often. Add garlic and saute two minutes. Add ¼ cup wine, stir until almost all liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle sugar over onions and saute until soft and brown. Add remaining wine and stir till liquid evaporates. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. On lightly floured board, roll out pastry to ⅛" thickness. Transfer to a baking sheet.
3. Halve Brie horizontally. Place one half of Brie, cut side up, in middle of pastry. Top with caramelized onions. Cover with other half of Brie, cut side down.
4. Draw pastry up around brie, holding corners. Tuck edges in and twist corners together to form bundle.
5. Beat egg yolk with 1 tsp water and brush on pastry, avoiding edges.
6. Bake at 425o for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed. Let Brie stand in pan on rack for 20 minutes for runny cheese or 40 minutes for thicker cheese.
EAT-L Digest 16 July 96
From the EAT-L recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .