Yield: 4 Servings
|1 pint||Italian ice; any flavor, or Spumoni ice cream|
|½ pint||Whipping cream; whipped stiff|
|2 ounces||Creme de Cacao|
1. Cut off top and bottom of each orange to a thickness of ¼ in. Set aside tops and bottoms.
2. Using a paring knife, separate rind from pulp by inserting knife between rind and pulp and cutting with a rotating motion. When properly separated, pulp should easily slip out by pressing with fingers, leaving hollowed orange rind intact. Discard pulp.
3. Through top opening of rind, replace bottom rind disc so that rind will hold filling.
4. Fill each rind with Italian ice or spumoni.
5. Using any kitchen utensil, make a hole in center of ice or spumoni about the width of a finger. Fill with Galliano.
6. Top with 1 in. to 2 in. whipped cream.
7. Make a similar hole in whipped cream and fill with Creme de Cacao.
8. Cap with reserved rind tops. Serve immediately.
BEULAH RD, PITTSBURGH
WINE: MANDOCREME MARSALA
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .