Yield: 32 cookies
|2 \N||Large eggs|
|2 teaspoons||Almond extract|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|16 \N||Skinless whole blanched almonds, cut in half|
1. Combine lard, sugar, 1 egg, and almond extract. Beat well.
2. Slowly add baking powder and flour to lard mixture and blend well.
3. Divide dough into 32 small balls. Slightly flatten each ball with palm and place almond half in center.
4. Lightly beat the remaining egg and brush over the tops of all cookies to glaze. Transfer cookies to an ungreased cookie sheet, allowing enough space for each cookie to spread in baking.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden.
~ From the "Yan Can Cook Book" ISBN 0-385-17903-0 ~ Typos courtesy of Wesley Pitts ~ Contributed to FIDO_COOKING 10/12/94 Submitted By WESLEY PITTS On 10-12-94