Yield: 8 servings
|1½ cup||Rotini (spiral-shaped pasta)|
|1 cup||Halved seedless grapes|
|2||Or 3 peeled peaches or nectarines, chopped|
|½ cup||Sliced celery|
|¼ cup||Toasted chopped walnuts|
|½||Of an 8-ounce container of soft-style cream cheese|
|¼ cup||Vanilla or plain low-fat yogurt|
|2||To 3 tablespoons honey|
|½ teaspoon||Shredded lemon peel|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons||Whipping cream|
From : Sallie Krebs, Sat 06 Aug 95 04:00, Area: COOKING Creamy honey-lemon dressing adds pizzazz to this refreshing side-dish salad from Wendy Duch of East Lansing, Michigan. Wendy pairs the salad with her bacon-wrapped pork medallions (see recipe on preceding page).
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and cool.
2. Meanwhile, plump raisins, if you like: In a large bowl, pour boiling water over raisins. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
3. Add grapes, peaches or nectarines, celery, walnuts and cooled pasta to drained raisins.
4. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, honey, lemon peel and lemon juice. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed till nearly smooth and well mixed. Stir in whipping cream.
5. Pour dressing over pasta mixture; stir to coat. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours. If necessary, stir in a little milk to moisten the salad before serving.
Makes 8 side-dish servings.
Source: Midwest Living, August 1995