Yield: 6 Servings
|4 \N||1/2 lb. veal steaks|
|3 tablespoons||Green peppercorns|
|3 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|⅓ cup||Finely chopped shallots|
|1 cup||Madeira or dry red wine|
|1 cup||Heavy whipping cream|
1. Pound the veal steaks lightly w/ a flat mallet.
2. Drain the peppercorns & rinse under cold running water. Crush about a third of them & press into both sides of each steak. Sprinkle w/ salt.
3. Heat the oil & 1 tbs. of the butter in a large, heavy skillet & add the veal. Cook over medium heat about 2 min. or until nicely browned on one side.
4. Turn the steaks & cook 2 to 3 min. longer. Remove the meat & keep warm.
5. Pour off the fat from skillet & add a tbs. of butter & the shallots.
Cook briefly, stirring, & add wine. Cook over high heat, stirring, until most of wine is reduced, 5 to 10 min.
6. Stir in cream. Boil vigorously about 2 min. & add any liquid that has accumulated around veal steaks. Add remaining peppercorns,to taste. Simmer about 5 min. & swirl in remaining butter 7. Slice steak diagonally, spoon sauce over it.
SOUTH POST OAK, HOUSTON.
WINE: CHATEAU PEYMARTIN 1973.
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .