Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Beef eye round steaks OR tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick|
|1 cup||Ready-to-serve beef broth|
|⅛ teaspoon||Dried thyme leaves|
|1 small||Bay leaf|
|2 tablespoons||Dry red wine|
|⅛ teaspoon||Black peppercorns, crushed|
Preparation time: 20 min.
1. Heat large heavy skillet over medium heat 5 minutes. Place steaks in skillet and cook 8 to 10 minutes for rare (140 F) to medium (160 F), turning once.
2. Meanwhile, dossolve cornstarch in broth in small sauce-pan. Bring to a boil and cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in thyme and bay leaf. Reduce heat to medium and cook until mixture is reduced to
½ cup, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in wine and peppercorns; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove bay leaf. Spoon sauce over steaks.
Serving suggestion; Steamed new potatoes with green onion and red cabbage and carrot salad
* COOKFDN brings you this recipe with permission from: * Texas Beef Council --