Yield: 6 Servings
|1 pack||Fresh Spinach (Can Substitute Frozen)|
|4 tablespoons||Olive Oil|
|7 cups||Chicken Stock|
|6 tablespoons||Grated Parmesan Cheese|
|Salt, Pepper And Nutmeg, To Taste|
|2||Cloves Garlic, Minced|
1. Wash the spinach, making sure it is well cleaned. Then chop it. chop the onion.
2. Pour the olive oil into a soup pot and briefly saute the spinach and onion. After 3 minutes, ass the chicken stock and cook slowly over low heat for about 30 minutes. Add more stock if necessary.
3. Beat the eggs and the Parmesan cheese in a deep bowl. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix it all very well.
4. Blend the soup in a blender until thick and creamy and return it to the pot. Add the egg mixture and stir constantly until all the elements blend well. Reheat the soup over low heat for about 5-8 minutes.
5. Rub the garlic on the slices of bread and place them in the oven for a few minutes. Place bread slice in each bowl and immediately pour the hot soup on top. Serve hot.
Recipe by: Twelve Months of Monastery Soups. p. 20 Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #648 by Sue <suechef@...> on Jun 24, 1997