Yield: 4 Servings
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|½ pounds||Pancetta; or bacon|
|1 medium||Onion; chopped|
|½ cup||Cold water|
|¼ cup||Dry italian white wine|
|4 tablespoons||Heavy cream|
|8 tablespoons||Fresh parmesan cheese; grated|
1. Put large bowl in oven to warm.
2. Soak chopped onion in cold water for 15 minutes.
3. Chop Pancetta or bacon into 1 inch pieces.
4. Beat eggs and cream together with a fork. Add 4 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese to the mixture. 5. Bring water to a boil; add pasta 6. Dry onions and saute in olive oil with pancetta or bacon until onions are translucent.
7. Add wine; let come to a boil; reduce heat. Meat should not be crisp.
8. Drain pasta - do not rinse.
9. Remove warm bowl from oven, put pasta in it and toss with egg/cream mixture while the pasta and bowl are still warm. The heat from the pasta will cook the eggs.
10. Add meat/onion mixture and toss well.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 562 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Jan 19, 1998