Yield: 1 servings
|1 pounds||Macaroni; (elbows, little shells, spirals, gemelli)|
|1 pounds||Ricotta cheese; (FF works fine)|
|1 pounds||Mozzarella Cheese; (FF does not melt too well - recommend at least Part-skim)|
|1 \N||Egg; (1 whole, or 2 whites)|
|1 teaspoon||Equal or 3-4 tsp sugar; (optional), up to 2|
1. Boil Macaroni until al dente. Drain 2. Grate Mozzarella.
3. Mix half the mozzarella with the Ricotta and the egg. Mix cheese mixture with Macaroni.
4. Dump cheese/mac into casserole dish (Spray with non-stick spray first. .
5. Top with rest of mozzarella cheese.
6. bake covered with thin foil for 30 minutes, and another 10 without foil at 375F.
*Add cinnamon, clove, and/or allspice *Add ½ jar or more of tomato sauce, and oregano, garlic, basil, and Italian Seasoning in place of the sugar or equal *Use same recipe to stuff large Macaroni shells, Manicotti or Lasagna.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest by Beren Ornstein <beren37@...> on Dec 14, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.