Yield: 12 servings
|1 tablespoon||Chinese dried prawns|
|1 tablespoon||Coriander leaves|
|2 \N||Cloves garlic|
|125 grams||Prawns, cooked|
|500 gallons||Pork -- minced, lean|
|1 tablespoon||Fish sauce -- to taste|
|6 \N||White bread slices -- day|
|\N \N||Vegetable oil -- for frying|
1. Finely chop the dried prawns (shrimps), coriander and garlic in food processor. Add fresh prawns and pork and grind to paste.
2. Add fish sauce and egg. Process until mixed.
3. Spread paste on bread. Cut crusts and slice into four triagles.
4. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry toast only four or five pcs at a time.
Slide into oil, filling downward and fry until golden brown, then flip over and cook other side briefly.
5. remove toast and place on wire rack to drain.
6. Arrange toast on shredded lettuce with a small bowl of sweet and source sauce. Serve hot.
Recipe By : Nila Sweeney