Yield: 4 servings
|350 grams||Ready made shortcrust pastry; (12oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|8||Thomas Walls Sausages|
|2||Red onions; cut into wedges|
|1||Clove garlic; chopped|
|75 grams||Sun-dried tomatoes; drained and sliced|
|15 millilitres||Dijon mustard; (1tbsp)|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|100 grams||Feta cheese; crumbled (4oz)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 400 F, Gas 6. Cut a third off the pastry and set aside. Roll out the remaining pastry on a lightly floured work surface to a 23x27cm (9x11in) rectangle and place on a baking sheet. Prick the base lightly with a fork and brush the edges with water. Roll out the remaining pastry and cut into long strips and secure to the edge of the pastry pressing down lightly. Cover with cling film and chill for 30 mins.
2. Remove the pastry from the fridge and bake for 15 mins until well risen and slightly golden.
Remove from the heat.
3. Meanwhile heat the oil in a pan and cook the sausages for 10 mins, turning occasionally until golden. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a plate, cut in half diagonally and set aside.
3. Add the onions to the pan and cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally until golden. Stir in the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and seasoning.
4. Spread the mustard over the base of the pastry case and top with sausages and onion mixture. Crumble over the Feta and bake for a further 5 mins, until golden. Serve garnished with oregano leaves.
Cooks Tips Red onions add colour to this recipe but if you prefer use ordinary onions instead
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Onion and Sausage Tart; this is short crust pastry baked in a rectangle and then spread with Dijon mustard and then filled with a mixture of lightly cooked red onions, garlic, sliced sun-dried tomatoes, sausages, salt and pepper. The topped with diced Feta cheese or Emmental and baked.
Garnished with marjoram leaves. Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.