Yield: 4 Servings
|2 \N||Dozen Mussels|
|½ tablespoon||Chopped onion|
|1 \N||Wine Glass of sauterne OR sweet sherry|
|¼ cup||Grated cheese|
1. After cleaning place the mussels in a butter casserole dish.
2. Add pepper and salt to taste and the chopped onion.
3. Add the wine and cover the mussels with the slices of bacon cut in half and put on the lid.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Remove the lid and sprinkle grated cheese over the mussels, return them to the oven and allow them to brown. Serves 4 SOURCE: *Kiwi Cookbook, by Alan Armstrong, Seven Seas Publishing Pty Ltd, PO Box 1431, Wellington, New Zealand, (C. 1968) ISBN 85467 016 5 SHARED BY: Jim Bodle 5/93
From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini