Yield: 10 Servings
|½ cup||Instant coffee crystals|
|1 cup||Boiling water|
|16 ounces||Neufchatel light cream cheese|
|8 ounces||Light whipped topping|
|3 tablespoons||Rum extract|
|¾ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 \N||Loaf pound cake|
|3 tablespoons||Baking cocoa, for garnish|
1) Dissolve coffee crystals in boiling water. Let cool completely.
2) Slice pound cake loaf into ½ inch slices. Then cut each slice in
half. Take each piece of cake and dip the bottom half of it into the
coffee. Place the coffee-dipped pieces, coffee side down, in an ungreased 9x9 cake pan. Line the bottom of the cake pan with half the
pound cake pieces.
3) Mix cream cheese, whipped topping, rum extract, and sugar until smooth.
Take half of this mixture and spread it evenly over the cake pieces in
the pan. Sprinkle with cocoa.
4) Take the remaining coffee-dipped cake pieces and line them, coffee-side down on top of the cream cheese layer.
5) Take the remaining cream cheese mixture and spread evenly on top of the
cake pieces. Sprinkle the cocoa on top for garnish.
6) Cover tiramisu with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Makes 9-12 servings.