Yield: 24 servings
|125 grams||Butter; (4oz)|
|2 tablespoons||Golden syrup|
|1||150 gram pac Deluxe milk or plain chocolate; melted (5oz)|
|250 grams||Digestive biscuits; crushed (8oz)|
|50 grams||Californian seedless raisins; halved (2oz)|
|50 grams||French glac cherries; diced (2oz)|
|40 grams||Hazelnuts; roughly chopped|
|; (11/2 oz)|
|50 grams||Butter; (2oz)|
|125 grams||Icing sugar; sifted (4oz)|
|1 tablespoon||Cocoa powder; sifted|
|2 teaspoons||Hot water|
|1 small||Hand shaped holly leaves and berries to; (or use a small|
|; decorate, holly shaped|
|; cutter) made from|
|; coloured fondant|
|Icing sugar to dust|
1. Place the butter, golden syrup and milk in a large mixing bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the butter has melted.
2. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the melted chocolate and crushed biscuits mixing well. Stir in the raisins, cherries and nuts and mix well to combine.
3. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until the mixture is firm.
4. Shape tablespoons of the mixture into small log shapes. With some of the shapes add on a small round of mixture to the side, to form a branch effect. Repeat this process until all the mixture has been used. Cover and chill while the buttercream is made.
5. To make the buttercream beat the butter until it is soft and smooth.
Gradually beat in the icing sugar with the cocoa powder and water. Mix until creamy and light in texture.
6. Spread the buttercream evenly over the mini yule logs to completely cover, shape and mark lines with a fork. Place on the fondant icing, holly leaves and berries, dust lightly with icing sugar and place into petit four cases to serve.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Delicious Miniature Yule Logs, very appealing to all ages! Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.