Yield: 12 Servings
|1 pack||Chocolate pudding and pie filling; (3 1/2 oz.)|
|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|2 ounces||Semisweet Chocolate; (2 squares)|
|1 cup||Confectioner's sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
1) To prepare filling, cook pudding according to package directions. Chill for 1 hour.
2) To prepare pastry, in a heavy saucepan, heat butter, water, and salt over medium-high heat until mixture boils and butter melts.
3) Reduce heat to low. Vigorously stir in flour all at once until mixture forms a ball.
4) Trnasfer pastry to a bowl; cool for 5 mintues. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addtion.
5) Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a baking sheet. Drop dough into 12 mounds, about 5 inches apart, on prepared baking sheet.
6) Spread each mound into a 4x1/2 inch rectangle, piling dough on top and slightly rounding sides.
7) Bake intil golden, 35 mintues. Remove from oven; make a 1-inch-long slit on side of each eclair. Reduce oven temperature to 375F. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
8) To prepare frosting, heat butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until melted. remove from heat. STir in sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
9) Slice eclairs in half. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling onto each bottom half and replace tops. Spread tops with frosting.
Source: Great American Home Baking.
Contributor: Sarah Gruenwald posted to recipelu 1-28-98 Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 627 by P&S Gruenwald <sitm@...> on Jan 28, 1998