Yield: 8 Servings
|2||Cloves garlic; minced|
|2 smalls||Scallions; thinly sliced|
|2 mediums||Onions; thinly sliced|
|3 mediums||Leeks; thinly sliced|
|2 teaspoons||*vegetable oil|
|1 large||Potato; thinly sliced|
|½ medium||Red pepper; sliced diagonally|
|½ medium||Yellow pepper; sliced diagonally|
|1 teaspoon||Mace; added after cooking|
|1||Beef bouillon cube; with 2-3 cups water|
*Note: Originally I used 2 Tbsps, now I use a little water if necessary.
(A lttle salt adds flavor if a salt free diet is not needed) 1. Saute garlic in oil. Add scallions, onions, and leeks and saute for a few minutes more, till veggies are limp and alittle brown 2. Add water and bouillion and bring to a boil. Add as much as you want later.
3. Add potato and everything else from above list, plus cilantro, parsley, rosemary
5. Cook about 45 mins. ( actually about 20 minutes in electric fry pan) 6. Pick out some red and yellow pepper slices to slice.
7. Process remaining in food chopper till smooth and creamy.
8. Add Mace and stir well. Cut up remaining peppers into tiny bits and add.
9. Garnish with parsley, chives or cilantro.
Recipe by: me
Posted to Digest eat-lf.v097.n017 by Naralon Thorn <naralon@...> on Jan 17, 1998