Yield: 1 Servings
|2 larges||Eggplants; peeled and diced|
|2 \N||Tomatoes peeled; seeded and finely diced|
|3 tablespoons||Ghee or oil|
|2 \N||Onions; chopped finely|
|\N \N||1 1/2\" fresh ginger|
|\N \N||1/8\" chili pepper|
|½ teaspoon||Cumin; ( ground)|
|½ teaspoon||Ground coriander seeds|
|1 tablespoon||Garam masala|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper; to taste|
1. Place eggplant in a colander in layers sprinkling salt between each layer.
2. Place ginger and chili in a small food processor and puree 3. Heat ghee or oil in a saucepan and add onions, cook until translucent.
4.Stir in ginger and continue cooking until onions start to brown.
5.Add the turmeric, 1 tsp garam masala, coriander and cumin and cook stirring 1 minute.
6. Add the tomatoes and stir 2 minutes.
7. Rinse the eggplant and squeeze out all water between the palm of your hands, and add to pan. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Turn down heat, cover and simmer 1 to 1½ hour, stirring often until all becomes a puree.
9. Add the rest of the garam masala and stir 3 minutes.
NOTES : If eggplant starts drying add a little water( very little) Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to TNT Recipes Digest by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Apr 29, 1998