Yield: 1 Servings
|20 ounces||Floury potatoes peeled and cut into chunks|
|2 tablespoons||Soya milk; (or as needed)|
|2 ounces||Mature fatfree cheddar type cheese|
|1||Onion finely chopped|
|2||Garlic cloves finely chopped|
|5 ounces||Red lentils|
|½ pint||Vegetable stock|
|1 large||Tomato roughly chopped|
|1 ounce||Frozen peas|
|2 tablespoons||Fruity brown sauce.|
1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for about 10 mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile cook the onion garlic and carrot in some stock for about 2 mins.Stir in the lentils and rest of stock.Bring mixture to the boil and boil rapidly for 5 minutes
3. Add the tomato peas and fruity brown sauce to the lentils, reduce the heat and cook for a further 5 - 8 mins until the lentils are tender but not mushy
4. Preheat the grill to high.Drain the potatoes well and mash with the soya milk and cheese.Season to taste.
5. Season the lentil mix and spoon into a heatproof dish.Fork the mashed potato over the filling and cook under the grill until the mash is crisp and golden.
Posted to fatfree digest by "M. Olsen" <maralyn.olsen@...> on Nov 08, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.