Yield: 8 Servings
|\N \N||Green chiles|
|1 \N||Jalapeno pepper|
|3 cups||Cooked brown rice|
|6 ounces||Monterey jack cheese --|
|\N \N||Anaheim or California long|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a shallow, 1-½-quart oval gratin dish.
2. Roast and peel Anaheim chiles. Pat dry. Remove stem from jalapeno chile.
3. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Reserve egg whites. Place yolks, 5 Anaheim chiles, jalapeno chile, salt, and flour in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Place egg whites in a 5-quart mixing bowl, and beat until soft peaks form. Stir one third of the egg whites into chile-egg mixture. Fold in remaining egg whites.
4. Place 5 Anaheim chiles in bottom of prepared dish. Cover with one third of the rice, one third of the cheese, and one third of the chile-egg mixture. Finish with the last 5 Anaheim chiles and the remaining rice, the cheese, and the chile-egg mixture.
5. Bake until top is golden brown (30 to 35 minutes). Serve immediately.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy From: Dscollin@... Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 15:20:37 -0500 File