Yield: 36 Servings
|4 tablespoons||Melted shortening|
|½ pounds||Confectioners sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Lemon extract|
|¼ teaspoon||Anise oil or extract|
|3 tablespoons||Baking powder|
|Milk; confectioners sugar, colored jimmies|
Cost: $ ; Preparation Time: 30 minutes Difficulty Level: 4 ; Servings: 36 cookies
1. Beat eggs well and blend in sugar, melted shortening and flavorings.
Sift flour and baking powder and add to mixture to make a soft dough.
2. Shape dough into 2 large fat long rolls and flatten tops with finger tips. Place each on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes or until light golden in color. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. For fosting: Mix a little milk and powdered sugar to make a thin frosting.
5. Slice the cooked dough on a diagonal (when cold). With a pastry brush, brush the frosting over the cookie rolls and then sprinkle with colored jimmies.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter by Recipe Page Newsletter <trp-mailing-list@...> on Aug 11, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.