Yield: 1 servings
|125 grams||Wholemeal flour; (4oz)|
|2 teaspoons||Baking powder|
|100 grams||Bran; (3oz)|
|25 grams||Soft brown sugar; (1oz)|
|125 grams||Dried figs; de-stalked and|
|\N \N||; chopped (4oz)|
|300 millilitres||Skimmed milk; (1/2 pint)|
|3 tablespoons||Corn oil; plus extra for|
|\N \N||; greasing|
1. Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Stir in the bran, sugar and chopped figs.
3. Mix the liquid ingredients together and pour into the bowl.
4. Stir well and divide the mixture between 12 well oiled, deep patty tins.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : These are American-style muffins and would be eaten at breakfast in the States. They have a high fibre content and the seeds in the figs give them a delicious crunchy texture. The muffins are nicest served warm.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.