Yield: 4 servings
|½ cup||Yellow cornmeal|
|½ cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ tablespoon||Baking powder|
|1 large||Egg; lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Milk; as needed, up to|
|\N \N||; 3/4|
|2 tablespoons||Fresh dill; finely chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Unsalted butter; melted|
1. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, honey, dill, and melted butter.
2. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Add extra milk as needed, batter should be fairly thin.
4. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes.
5. Heat a griddle or cast-iron frying pan over high heat, brush with oil, and add ¼ cup batter for each pancake.
6. Fry for about 1 minute, or until dry around the edges, turn, and fry for about 30 seconds until cooked through.
© 1997 Lifetime Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.
Formatted using MC Buster by Barb at PK Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.