Yield: 8 Servings
|6 \N||Eggs; Well Beaten|
|1 can||Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|1 teaspoon||Almond Extract|
|\N \N||Whipped Cream; Optional|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 2. Place sugar in large heavy skillet, caramelize by cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly with wooden spoon until sugar melts and turns golden brown.
3. Pour and spread quickly on bottom and sides of ungreased 10 x 6" baking dish.
4. Cool while preparing filling.
5. In large bowl, combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, water and extract.
6. Pour into Carmel-coated dish.
7. Place dish in large, shallow baking pan; place on oven rack and fill second pan with 1 inch hot water.
8. Bake 1 hour or until knife inserted ½" from center comes out clean.
9. Cool 2 hours. Loosen edges with spatula; carefully turn onto serving platter.
10. Refrigerate until serving time If desired, top with whipped cream before serving.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 199 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 4, 1997