Yield: 4 Servings
|2 larges||Clusters veal sweetbreads|
|2 \N||Bay leaves|
|¼ cup||Fresh peas|
|4 \N||10-12 oz. center-cut white veal chops|
|4 tablespoons||Margarine; clarified|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper|
|2 tablespoons||Chopped shallots or red onion|
|¼ cup||Sliced mushrooms|
|¼ cup||Marsala wine|
|¼ cup||Chicken consomme|
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Poach the sweetbreads with the bay leaves in salted water for 3 to 5 minutes, or until barely pink in the center. Remove and cut into ½ in.
slices. Set aside.
3. Cook the peas in a small amount of boiling water until still slightly firm in the center, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
4. Pound the veal chops to a uniform ½ in. thickness. Heat the clarified margarine in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Dust the chops in flour; shake off excess. Salt and pepper the chops and brown in the margarine on both sides. Place on a baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes. Discard the margarine from the saute pan; return the chops to the pan.
5. Add the shallots, sweetbreads, mushrooms, and peas. Cook over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the Marsala; add the chicken and cream.
6. Remove the chops to a warm platter. Add the butter to the pan and cook until the juices are slightly thickened. Correct the seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chops, garnish with parsley, and serve at once.
CHAGRIN BLVD, CLEVELAND
WINE: BARBARESCO, 1980
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Italian Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .