Yield: 6 servings
|1½ pounds||Chicken wings|
|3||Bacon slices,coarsly chopped|
|⅔ cup||Green bell pepper,chopped|
|1 pounds||Ground beef|
|1 can||Tomatoes,broken up(28oz)|
|¾ cup||Chicken broth|
|⅛ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper|
|⅛ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|⅔ cup||Lima beans|
|⅔ cup||Corn kernels|
1. Remove and discard wing tips; reserve remaining wings.
2. In large skillet, cook bacon until browned; remove with slotted spoon and reserve.
3. Add chicken wings; brown on all sides and remove with slotted spoon.
4. Add bell pepper and celery; saute until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
5. Add beef; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned.
6. Drain off fat; add tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, allspice, cayenne and black peppers and chicken.
7. Simmer, covered, until chicken is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
8. Add lima beans and corn; cimmer, covered, until chicken and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with bacon and serve over steamed rice. From: Michael Orchekowski (Home_Cooking)
Submitted By LAWRENCE KELLIE On 06-08-95