Yield: 1 Servings
|4 \N||Onion Brule'|
|2 pounds||White Mire Poix|
|6 pounds||Ground Chicken|
|20 \N||Egg Whites; beaten until slightly frothy|
|24 ounces||Roma Tomato Concassee'; (peeled, seeded, diced)|
|1 \N||Sachet D'epices Plus 1 clove; and 2 small allspice berries|
|2½ gallon||Cold Chicken Stock|
|\N \N||Kosher Salt as needed|
Yield 2 Gallon
1. combine the onion brule', white mire poix, meat, tomato, and egg whites and mix well.
2. add chicken stock and mix well.
3. Bring to a slow simmer, stir until a "raft" forms on top.
4. add the sachet and simmer gently for 1½ hours, when it is done the raft will begin to sink a little and that means it is finished.
5. Ladle the consomme' out gently through a whole in the raft and strain through a cheesecloth.
If at any time you break the raft due to rough boiling or stiring it is ruined, please be careful.
Onion Brulee' - is a onion cut in half (stem ends of the onion should be facing left and right, cut in the middle) Place in a very hot pan until the cut sides are black. This adds color and Flavor.
White Mire Poix - (makes 1 pound) X 2 for this recipe.... 4 ounces onion, 4 ounces leeks, 4 ounces celery, 4 ounces parsnips, 3 ounces button mushrooms.
small dice all and mix together.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 441 by CuisineArt <CuisineArt@...> on Jan 3, 1998