Yield: 4 Servings
|1 kilograms||Beef (alcatra) cut into 1 1/2\", cubes|
|2 cans||Beer*; see notes|
|1 tablespoon||Flour (up to 2)|
|2 slices||White bread|
|1 tablespoon||Dijon mustard|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper; to taste|
|3 \N||Parsley stems; no leafs|
1.Slice onions thin.
2. heat butter or oil and add cubed beef .
3. Cook over high heat until all liquid has evaporated and beef is brown.
4. Stir in onions and cook until it starts to change color.
5. Stir in flour for 2 minutes. Add beer and vinegar and bring to boil stirring.
6. Add parsley, bay and spices. 7. Simmer covered for 1 hour.
8. Spread mustard on bread and place it on top of the stew.
9. Simmer 90 minutes or more.
Serve with fries or boiled potatoes Suggested Wine: Beer
NOTES : Either Belgian beer and then you have to add 1 Tb sugar, I'd add a tsp or Like I did 2 cans blond beer(bud) and ½ to 1 small bottle dark beer, slightly sweetened
Recipe by: Adapted by Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #786 by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Sep 17, 1997