Yield: 4 Servings
|4||Dried scallops (up to)|
1. Separately soak dried scallops and dried shrimp.
2. Wash rice. Place in a pan with stock and bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
3. Shred soaked scallops; mince soaked shrimp. Add both to rice and simmer, covered, 30 minutes more.
4. Mince raw chicken; then combine with oil. Add to pan and simmer, covered, another 30 minutes.
5. Season with salt, sherry and pepper. VARIATIONS: 1. For the regular rice, substitute glutinous rice.
2. For the chicken, substitute smoked ham, or else use half chicken, half smoked ham.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .