Yield: 24 Servings
|12 \N||Sheets phyllo dough|
|1 pounds||Butter; (unsalted)|
|1 \N||Brie cheese wheel; 6 pounds|
1. Butter a baking sheet large enough to hold the Brie.
2. Lay 5 sheets of phyllo on the baking sheet, brushing melted butter on each layer. Set Brie on top of the phyllo and fold the edges of the phyllo up around the cheese.
3. Cover top of cheese with 6 sheets of phyllo, brushing melted butter on each layer. Tuck ends of pastry under the cheese. Brush tops and sides with butter. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Fold last sheet of phyllo in a 1-inch-wide strip. Brush it with butter and form a flower shape. Center the flower on top of the Brie and again brush with butter.
5. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before serving. Makes 24 servings. The Silver Palate Cookbook Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Nancy Berry <nlberry@...> on Feb 04, 1998