Yield: 6 Servings
|1||(2.5-3 pound) carp|
|3 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|¼ cup||Chicken fat|
|3 drops||Tabasco sauce; more or less|
|2 tablespoons||Oyster sauce|
|Stock to cover|
|2||Cakes bean curd|
1. Prepare fish as in steps 1 and 2 of "Basic Braised Soy Fish".
2. Mince garlic and ginger root. Cut scallions in 2-inch sections.
3. Heat chicken fat in a large, deep pan. Stir in Tabasco and oyster sauce.
Add garlic, ginger root, scallions and sugar, and stir-fry a few times.
4. Add carp and brown quickly on both sides. (The pan should now be very hot.)
5. Add enough stock to cover fish. Bring to a boil; then simmer, covered, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, dice bean curd.
6. Transfer fish to a warm serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Add bean curd to pan and simmer, covered, to heat through (3 to 5 minutes).
7. Arrange bean curd cubes around fish. Pour sauce over and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .