Yield: 1 Servings
|5 smalls||Red potatoes; (about 1 pound)|
|1 medium||Red pepper|
|1 medium||Green pepper|
|2 mediums||Green onions|
|\N \N||Salad oil|
|1 tablespoon||All-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||Chili powder|
|4 mediums||Skinless bonelesschicken breast halves, 1 1/4 lb|
|\N \N||Parsley sprigs; for garnish|
1. Cut unpeeled potatoes into ½-inch pieces. Dice red and green peppers.
Cut green onions into ½-inch slices.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over high heat, heat the potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 to 10 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender; drain.
3. Meanwhile, prepare potato-pepper hash: In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in 2 teaspoons hot salad oil, cook diced red and green peppers until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in cut-up potatoes, green onions, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Continue cooking until potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring mixture frequently; remove potato-pepper hash to warm platter; keep warm. Wash and dry skillet.
4. On waxed paper, mix flour, chili powder, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Coat chicken breasts with flour mixture.
5. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, in 1 tablespoon hot salad oil, cook the chicken breasts 6 to 8 minutes, until they are lightly browned on both sides and juices run clear when pierced with a knife, turning chicken pieces occasionally. Arrange the chicken on platter with the potato hash. Garnish with parsley sprigs.
Serves 4. Total time: 45 minutes Each serving: About 335 calories, 10 g fat, 91 mg cholesterol, 895 mg sodium. Calories from fat: 27%. © 1996 by The Hearst Corporation; all rights reserved Good Housekeeping Magazne MC formatting by bobbi744@...
Recipe by: Good Housekeeping Magazne Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #783 by Roberta Banghart <bobbi744@...> on Sep 16, 1997