Yield: 1 Servings
|Crisco single crust/10 inch|
|1½ ounce||White chocolate; chopped|
|5 cups||Fresh blueberries; divided|
|1¼ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1||Unflavoured gelatin/1 tb|
|¼ cup||Cold water|
|2 teaspoons||Lemon juice|
|1 cup||Fresh blueberries|
|¼ cup||Plus 1 1/2 tsps granulated s ugar|
|1½ cup||Whipping cream|
|Sweetened whipped cream|
1. For crust, prepare Crisco Single Crust substituting 1 tsp vanilla for 1 tsp of the water. Bake and cool completely.
2. For white confectioners coating, melt white chocolate in top of double boiler over hot water. Brush on inside of baked pie crust.
3. For filling, place 2-½ cups blueberries in large saucepan. Crush berries. Stir in 1-¼ cups sugar and cornstarch. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Cool. Stir in remaining 2-½ cups blueberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate.
4. For Bavarian layer, place gelatin in cold water to soften. Puree 1 cup blueberries. Heat puree in small saucepan on low heat. Add gelatin to puree. Stir until dissolved. Stir in ¼ cup plus 1-½ teaspoons sugar.
Remove from heat. Cool until almost set. Beat whipping cream in small bowl at high speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold one third into puree. Fold puree into remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate.
5. To assemble pie, spoon two thirds of filling into coated pie crust.
Cover with Bavarian layer. Spoon remaining one third of filling in center of Bavarian.
6. For topping, top with whipped cream. Garnish with blueberries.
Refrigerate until firm.
Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V4 #217 by novmom@... (Angela Gilliland) on Aug 18, 1997