Yield: 1 Servings
|3 mediums||Beets; Cooked in their skin (up to 4)|
|2½ cup||Chicken broth (up to 3)|
|2 packs||Unflavored gelatin|
|1 cup||Unflavored yogurt|
|2 tablespoons||Lemon or lime juice|
|1 small||Grated onion|
|1 tablespoon||Sugar (up to 2)|
|\N \N||Salt and pepper; to taste|
1. Peel and cube cooked beets.
2. Place gelatin in a bowl with 6 T water, stir. Let stand 2 minutes and pour hot chicken stock stirring.
3. Process together all the ingredients except gelatin. Correct seasoning.
4. Add cooled gelatin and process just to blend.
5. Pour into an oiled mold to set Sophisticated Version:
1. Save ⅓ of the beet mousse, before pouring it into the mold.
2. Once the mousse has set, remove some of the gelatin in the center , leaving sides and bottom intact, like walls.
3. Replace the part that has been removed, with curried chicken salad to which ½ pkg gelatin has been added.
4. Let set. Cover with the rest of the mousse. Let set.
5. Serve on lettuce leaves.
NOTES : This is a very impressive dish at a buffet dinner.
Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to EAT-L Digest by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Sep 20, 1997