Yield: 16 Servings
|1 cup||Cocoa powder|
|2 cups||Boiling water|
|2¾ cup||Sifted flour|
|1 cup||Butter; softened|
|1||Box (6 oz) Andes Chocolate|
|3½ cup||Powdered sugar; unsifted|
|6 tablespoons||Butter; softened|
|6 tablespoons||Green Creme de Menthe|
|1 pack||(6 oz) choc chips|
|½ cup||Half & half|
|2½ cup||Unsifted powdered sugar|
CREME DE MENTHE FILLING
DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING
The recipe for the Choc Mint Cake was copied from the L.A. Times years ago from the same article I got my recipe for the Black Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffeecake from. The coffeecake is a favorite in my house. I thought I'd send the recipe again for people who didn't get the recipe the first time I sent it. Both cakes were First prize winners at the L. A. County Fair Years ago.
1. Grease & lightly flour 3 9" pans.
2. Combine cocoa and boiling water, mixing withwhisk until smooth. cool Completely.
3. Resift flour with soda, salt, baking powder.
4. Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in large mixer bowl at high for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low, beat in flour mixture in 4 portions, alternating with cocoa mixture in 3 portions, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Do not overbeat. 5. Pour batter & spread evenly into pans. Bake at 350 deg until done 25-30 min. Let cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
6. Divide Creme de Menthe filling into 2 portions. Frost tops of 2 cakes then stack the 3 layers.
7. Frost sides & tops with dark chocolate frosting.
8. Cut mints in ½ diagonally and decorate cake. Place cut end of each mint on top of cake, creating triangular design. Make 2 rows of mints on top of cake. Refrigerate until serving time.
Creme de Menthe Filling: In small bowl, beat all ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
Dark Chocolate Frosting: Combine chocolate, half and half, and butter in saucepan. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from heat. with wire whisk, blend in powdered sugar. Turn into bowl placed over ice. Beat with electric mixer until frosting holds shape. Posted to KitMailbox Digest by GAdams1350@... on Jul 21, 1997