Yield: 6 Servings
|1 pounds||Ground beef or lamb|
|½ cup||Bulgur, fine or medium-grade|
|1 medium||Onion; finely chopped|
|2 tablespoons||Pine nuts|
|2 tablespoons||Parsley; dried|
|1 tablespoon||Peanut oil|
|½ teaspoon||Mint; dried|
|¼ teaspoon||Allspice; ground|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper; ground|
|¼ teaspoon||Cinnamon; ground|
1) Combine the meat, bulgar, onion, water, parsley, mint, allspice, pepper , and cinnamon in a food processor. Process until doughy.
2) Preheat oven to 350F (175C). 3) Lightly oil an 8 inch square baking dish or a 9 inch round baking dish. Pat half of the meat mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the nuts over the top. Then cover with the remaining meat.
4) While still in the pan, cut the kibbe into 1½ inch square or diamond shapes. Brush the peanut oil over the top.
5) Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm and browned well.
6) Serve the kibbe from the pan or invert it onto a platter.
Variations: After step 1, shape the dough into hamburger size patties. Then barbecue and serve with whole wheat pita or buns. Makes 6 kibbe-burgers or kibbe-cheese burgers!