Yield: 8 Servings
|2 pounds||Skinless boneless turkey roast|
|3 tablespoons||Unsweetened apricot preserves|
|1 cup||Reconstituted dried onion soup mix|
|6 slices||Day-old challah or white bread|
Here's a fat-free Thanksgiving recipe from my cookbook "Secrets of Fat-Free Kosher Cooking" by Deborah Bernstein, M.D.
Follow the simple steps below for a turkey roast that is amazingly moist and tender. Watch turkey carefully while it cooks and take it out just when it's done. Overcooked turkey is dry and correctly cooked turkey has a texture similar to chicken.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place the turkey in the baking dish and cover it with the apricot preserves.
3. Soak each slice of bread with onion soup. Completely cover the turkey with the bread.
4. Bake for 1 hour, or until the juices from the turkey run clear. The center of the roast should be slightly pink.
5. Mash the bread and serve it with slices of the roasted turkey.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING Calories: 168 Fat: 2.2g Cholesterol: 49mg Carbouhydrates: 15.1g Protein: 21g Sodium: 286mg Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest V97 #298 by Deb546750@... on Nov 13, 1997